这也是我仅有的一张关于这个被子的WIP照片，因为我几天前才用我的相机重新组合。I usually like to have a good progression of WIP pictures, but it simply wasn’t possible this time. The brief was for a “king-size” quilt for a wedding at the end of August. However, I couldn’t get any dimensions other than the standard measurements for a UK king-size mattress, which I based the size of the centre panel on. And I did manage to eventually get a colour brief of “maybe blue, definitely NOT brown” and some fabric picks to work with. I took it upon myself to throw in some cream-coloured fabric to warm things up a smidge. Given the circumstances, I shamelessly chose the simplest design I could think of – rail fence with some sashing. I think it actually took me longer to figure out how to sort out the sequence of 2″ squares around the centre than it did to piece the rails together.
With the borders, the quilt has ended up being approximately 80″ x 90″, so it’s a bit on the small size for a “proper” king-sized quilt, but there should be at least a bit of spare quilt to hang over the edge of the bed. It’s also easily the largest thing I have quilted to date. Nearly all of the construction and quilting was done while camping out for three weeks with my aunt and uncle, so I’m feeling like it’s lucky there’s a quilt at all. Also, I now feel I very much owe my aunt and uncle a quilt too – this beast would never have reached the quilting stage if they hadn’t engineered a chance for me to borrow the floor of the local village hall to do the pin-basting on and let me take over half their dining table and living room with quilting stuffs.
这得不错，我想，我发现关于叶的一个重要事实 - 他们可以在所有的几乎任何形状，但如果他们有一种观点和中脉那么他们会看起来像一片叶子！我把这称为“奎尔特的花式”树，又名Lolwat？藤蔓。
现在几乎完整的 - 所有的左边是手工完成的结合，这是我很担心中途已经通过，并掩埋在绗缝一些线头的条纹外边缘。我也许应该理清标签的一些方式添加到后面，有一次我发现幸福的夫妇的名字......